Thursday, January 13, 2011

Overwhelmed With Gratitude

Wow. First and foremost I have to say that I am completely overwhelmed with the positive response, common commiseration, and overall love and support I have received since my first post. Not just from close friends but also from people I haven't spoken to in quite some time. THANK YOU!

However, this does give me pause. Now not only am I held accountable to myself and my trainer, but to all of YOU! What have I gotten myself into?! (Kidding...mostly...ok, only just a little). 

Since I started this blog and many have you have committed to reading this blog, I figure I should let you know what I won't do with it. I won't blog every day. I don't have amazing things to say every day. Ok, so maybe I do. But I don't think anyone is interested in hearing them every day and even if they were, they would seem a lot less amazing on a daily basis. I know, I know, you protest! But I promise this.
I won't pretend to be an expert. On anything. I am smart enough to know I have a LOT to learn in life and in health. But I will pass on any words of wisdom and jewels I learn along my way from the experts. 
I won't post my starting weight- let's not go there. My measurements from my first day at training will have to be enough. Pervs. 
I will try not to get too nebbishy or falsely profound. "OMG I'm starting my training on MLK day- HE had a dream...I have a dream..."- Can you imagine? Man, I would hate me.

And I won't "woe is me." At least not often. Not that I won't bitch and moan when I am tired and/or sore. Why else would I start a blog if not to bitch and moan to at least some degree? I realize there are a lot of people who have it a lot worse off than I do in a lot of ways both in life and in health/weight. This is just my experience. Perhaps, (hopefully) you will learn something through me or maybe just get a laugh, or heck, even some future blackmail material on me, (bring it).

But what I will do is hope to find inspiration. And inspire to find hope. 
And maybe even a little love along the way through all of you- and turn that into a lot of love for myself which I think we all could use more of, health goals or not. Body image and weight issues or not.

Something else I've realized is that I'm great at challenging myself mentally. Even food-ily. But bodily? Not so much.  And my body is hungry for it. My muscles want to grow! My tummy wants to flatten! My limbs want to ache! Ok maybe not that last part but I'm really trying to believe all this is true. I'm pretty bomb at being lazy. Blame it on the age of technology and living in a city where I drive everywhere. Helping with that is a physical and mental health focused meditation CD I burned over the holidays by famed medium Rebecca Rosen.  Not only has it been helpful in preparing my mind for the getting in shape/weight loss challenge I have before me, but also in the general healthiness of me. 

Like so many people I am sick of getting sick! Besides my physical appearance I am making a serious effort to restore my immune system and fight off illness- both in body and spirit. Below are some of my favorite lines that resonate with me. If any resonate with you I suggest adding them to your daily prayer, meditation, sun dance, moon noodle, self worship, or other moment of zen:

-I let go of feeling responsible for everything and everyone around me.
-I no longer shield myself with extra weight which acts as a barrier between myself and other people.
-I release the need to plan & control the outcome.
-I no longer hold on to dis-ease within my body.
-I shake off heavy emotions that have manifested as weight gain.
-I give myself permission to slow down and rest my mind & body.
-I focus on the positive aspects of my body.
-I have peace of mind and that is reflected in my body as perfect health.
-I have a healthy relationship with food.
-I feel weight being lifted off of me as I breathe.
-As I breathe deeply I melt away unnecessary weight I am holding onto.
-My lightness of being is a direct result of my self love, acceptance, & inner peace.
-I let go. And trust that my life is changing for the better. 
-I consciously cultivate gratitude for my body.
-I give myself permission to correct and change my life. 
-I have an endless supply of energy.
-I choose to exercise regularly as a moving meditation. 
-I am comfortable sharing my authentic self with others.
-Everything is getting better every day.

Next post I will be entering my answers on the Tiger Fitness Boot Camp Questionnaire they sent me to fill out and bring to my first session. Four days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment